Ancient Forge Studio
Based in Poland
Steam Early Access - June 4th, 2019
Glorious Companions is a turn-based tactical RPG set in the fantasy world of Navaroth. Craft your own journey as a leader of a mercenary company! Aspire to become a powerful lord, solve the mystery of the Ancient Guardians, or just ride around the continent building your fortune on trade.
The world of Navaroth has been carefully built and maintained by us throughout the years. The whole premise began as a pen-and-paper RPG system. Even the game itself had many different forms throughout the years. In 2009 it was a small mini-game with 2D cards representing the characters. However, it has turned into so much more.
- Custom and gritty combat system: no one is invincible as a single well-aimed strike can take out a careless warrior.
- No battle is truly over until it’s over: eliminate the enemy captain to win the battle, but be careful as it works the other way around too!
- Tried and proven formula: the world of Navaroth has its roots in an original pen-and-paper RPG system featuring a science based magic system.
- Pick your side: become an ally to the vengeful Scarres or join the ranks of the wise Valrenay militia. More factions will be revealed during the development.
- Take care of your men: keep their morale high by serving them luxury food and alcohols, train them at special facilities when they gather enough experience and crucially - don’t let them bleed out after a tough battle.
- No two soldiers are ever the same: play to your units natural predispositions, train and equip them to your liking.
- New world on each playthrough: the continent and its political climate are procedurally generated at the beginning of every journey.
- Start small and expand: focus first on making a name for yourself as a lord by winning small skirmishes, or lay the foundations of a thriving merchant guild.
- More power means more responsibility: a wise leader is not merely an army commander; attend to a variety of political and economic issues as your empire grows.
- Danger from afar: try not to get too complacent, as the Ancient Guardians eventually wake up and threaten the known world.
Glorious Companions - Steam Gameplay Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
- "I’m always happy to see another game reaching for the (increasingly contested) fantasy mercenary sim crown."
- Dominic Tarason, Rock Paper Shotgun
- "Glorious Companions is a promising turn-based tactical RPG that takes some inspirations from Battle Brothers but seems to offer a lot of freedom [...]"
- marcello, Turn Based Lovers
About Ancient Forge Studio
We're a small, remotely working game development studio from Poland. We're currently working on our first official title - Glorious Companions.
More information on Ancient Forge Studio, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Glorious Companions Credits
Co-Owner, Lead Designer, Unity Developer, Artist, Producer
Co-Owner, Lead Programmer, Producer